Feel free to share the sunshine!
Refill Your Bottle
Join a beach clean-up
Did you know that Indonesia is the second-largest contributor to marine plastic pollution after China? Trash has a huge impact on our marine ecosystem, it’s dangerous for the underwater sea animals and plastic kills 100,000 marine animals and 1 million marine birds every year, they think the plastic is food, ie. jellyfish.
There are several beach cleanups around the Gili islands! All you need to do is show-up and start collecting trash. The few that we have recurring every week on each island are:
- Oceans 5, every Friday at 5PM
- Manta Dive Gili Air, every other Saturday at 4:30 PM
- Trash Hero Gili Air – they post about the events every week so just follow their Facebook page!
- Two Fish Divers (Dive zone at Villa Karang) is every other Thursday!
- Gili Eco Trust, they post about the events every week so just follow their Facebook page! Location differs, but it’s 5-6pm every friday.
- Trash Hero – Sunday 2 PM you can get in touch with them on their Facebook page!