The latest TripIndex Island Sun report by TripAdvisor, the world’s most popular travel website, nominates Gili Trawangan as the most affordable island for a trip for two in southeast asia.
Gili Trawangan was selected as the cheapest island among sixteen popular tourist island destinations in Southeast Asia, among which Bali, Langkawi Malaysia and Boracay, Philippines in the latest yearly TripIndex Island Sun report. This report compares a standard one night/two days stay for two people. While Sentosa, Singapore, wins for being the most expensive island of the list, Gili Trawangan climbs up to the top of the ranking thanks to its wallet-friendly services. In fact, according to the TripAdvisor report, a stay for two people including a night in a four-star hotel, a two-course meal with juices and beers, a massage and renting bikes and kayaks would sum up to the mere cost of 219 USD, against 777 USD in Sentosa.
Bali and Lombok also rank well, gaining, respectively, a second and fourth position and therefore ranking among the top choice islands in Southeast Asia. The presence of Indonesian holiday destinations in the top three of this list shows that Indonesia remains one of the most affordable short holiday break in Southeast Asia. With its over 15,000 islands, Indonesia is the holiday destination suitable for all island lovers and for any taste and wallet.
TripIndex Island Sun in Indonesian Rupiah (total cost from most to least affordable)
- Gili Trawangan, Indonesia: Rp 2,677,194
- Bali, Indonesia: Rp 3,086,446
- Koh Samui, Thailand: Rp 3,289,854
- Lombok, Indonesia: Rp 3,313,408
- Cebu, Philippines: Rp 3,732,697
- Phuket, Thailand: Rp 3,841,964
- PhuQuoc, Vietnam: Rp 4,033,301
- Boracay, Philippines: Rp 4,037,519
- Penang, Malaysia: Rp 4,364,523
- Koh Phi Phi Don, Thailand: Rp 4,817,578
- Pulau Rendang, Malaysia: Rp 5,262,878
- Pulau Tioman, Malaysia: Rp 5,546,234
- Langkawi, Malaysia: Rp 5,852,804
- Palawan, Philippines: Rp 6,154,142
- Bintan, Indonesia: Rp 6,561,569
- Sentosa, Singapore: Rp 9,499,234